Paul R.J. Connolly
Paul Connolly represents small and medium-sized enterprises in business transactions and in court. Paul has successfully litigated many cases over his 34 years as a trial lawyer in state and federal courts. His litigation practice focuses on business disputes, insurance coverage, loan work-outs, agribusiness issues, and real estate claims. In recent years, Paul has also been asked to arbitrate numerous business and real estate disputes.
Paul provides strategic advice and experienced counsel to business owners in a variety of matters involving:
- Limited Liability Company Formation
- Trade Secrets
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Inter-Owner Disputes
- Business Purchases and Sales
- Foreclosures and Collections
- Bankruptcy Matters
In addition to establishing a successful commercial law practice and firm, Paul has been an active member of the Salem community, coaching youth basketball and soccer, and serving on numerous local nonprofit boards and organizations, including the YMCA, the Willamette Heritage Center, Marion County Historical Society, the Salem Catholic Schools Foundation and his neighborhood association. Paul also co-founded and served on the board of Blanchet Catholic School, a Salem-area college preparatory high school.
In his free time, Paul enjoys sports, gardening, hiking, exploring the back-road towns and wineries of Oregon, as well as spending time with his spouse, three adult daughters, three grandchildren and a small colony of terriers and Siamese cats. And “when he roots, he roots for the Timbers” as a founding season ticket-holder.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1974
- A.B., Assumption College (MA), 1967
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- Oregon State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar (Inactive)
- Virginia State Bar (Inactive)
- 2004 Candidate for Oregon Attorney General
- President, Salem Catholic Schools Foundation
- Past President, Marion County Historical Society
- Past President, Willamette Heritage Center
- Past Board Member, Marion County Society Foundation
- Past Board Member, YMCA for Marion and Polk County Foundation
- Board Member, Salem Family YMCA
- Past Board Member, Blanchet Catholic Schools
- President, Chinook Estates ACC Association
Paul proudly served as an intelligence officer in the United States Army from 1969-1972.